Bushfire ADVICE for Hopeland in the Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale
Saturday 9 January 2016 - 5:45 PM
bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in an area bounded by Jarrah Road, Hopeland Road, Yangedi Road and Karnet Road, in Hopeland, in the Shire of theSerpentine-Jarrahdale.
• There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire is burning in bushland within the alert boundary and in paddocks north of Karnup Road.
• The bushfire is contained and under control.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
No roads are closed but avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• 90 volunteer Bush Fire Service firefighters are on the scene.
• Firefighters are strengthening containment lines and mopping up.
• The incident was reported at 1.58pm on Friday 8 January.
• It has burnt through approximately 200 hectares.
• The cause of the fire is lightning.
• People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
• The Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am Sunday 9 January unless the situation changes